I am finding that Tuesday and Wednesday seem to be my sad days. I try to ignore the sadness and think positively. That is becoming easier and easier as time moves forward.
I believe my week goes like this:
- Sunday good until the husband leaves, but only the sweet sorrow of saying goodbye.
- Monday time to get on with the week or recover from the weekend, and some Mondays I have to work. not too bad since I just spent the weekend with the husband
- Tuesday too many days till friday when the husband comes home. I start to really miss him and sometimes wonder if he is missing me. Tuesdays seem to be the days that I get caught in thinking about the past.
- Wednesday no more residual effect from the weekend, and still far from friday. it helps when I have students to teach.
- Thursday only one more day. I can do this. I get more energy and begin to get things cleaned up from the week and ready for the husbands return.
- Friday really in cleaning mode now. hate when I have to work on friday evenings.
- Saturday usually enjoy time with the husband and if we are lucky we even get a few minutes to ourselves. although we enjoy our time with the grandson.
Next week will be different though. I finally get to go stay with my husband for my days off! It has been a long time coming.
I am looking forward to seeing him at the end of each day.
but first the holiday weekend. we will be installing a new vanity in the bathroom. Hope we make it through relatively unscathed. he tends to get frustrated with me when we do projects like that. there are times when I don’t really understand what exactly he wants me to do. He will say “hold that” Hold what? what exactly is “that” And then there is the go and get me a “____” (just fill in the blank) I usually do know the tool he is asking for, I usually don’t know where it is. which means I have to hunt for it. when or if I do find it, by the time I get it to him he has found a substitute tool.
He get frustrated with me, and I begin to get anxious about doing something wrong, which makes me make even more mistakes. It can get ugly. OH and don’t forget we will have the 2-year-old grandson trying to help pappy too.
Maybe one of the kids will be available to help this weekend.